When promptly building a personal website that is visually impressive and appealing web page is crucial, Webium comes to the rescue. Making a personal website with Weblium takes about 30 minutes on average: pick a suitable template, fill it up with content, and your website is ready to get published.
● Before choosing a template for your website, check out a few different options.
● Let your visual preferences and purpose guide you through this stage.
● Please, note that some templates are for one-page websites, and thus, you will have to create additional pages by yourself.
● Add a logo to a website.
● To personalize your template of choice, swap the colors — change the color palette. The template would remain the same, but the colors would be different.
● Choose a suitable set of fonts for different text elements. The fonts you like would automatically apply to the entire site.
● If some blocks are missing, then add the sections you need in one click, such as, for example, a gallery or a blog feed.
● All texts and pictures on a template can (and should) be replaced. Now the templates contain sample texts, and most likely, they will not suit you at all. Think about what you would like to tell about yourself - biography, professional skills. Recall an amusing story and write a text that the readers would like.
● Add the appropriate images afterward. Pick some from the built-in image library using keywords.
At this stage, it is worth reviewing all the pages and checking if they all look correct. Proofread the site for spelling errors. Should you be experiencing any difficulty assessing the website, please, send a link to your friends and ask them for feedback. After receiving their comments and remarks, edit the site.
When your website is ready for action, it is time to tell the world about it. Don't forget to add the link to your email signatures integrate it into your social media profiles.
Never stop working on the website. You ought to update it constantly with relevant information, mainly if you operate a blog.
To communicate and establish contacts online.
Use a homepage to present yourself favorably, as this is the page the visitors of a website would check most often. This particular page can feature a picture of you and a story about what you do.
On this page, one can learn about your professional achievements. List your work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent post. Name the company, position, and the skills you have learned.
You do not have to upload all your works to the website — choose only the best ones. Add photos, YouTube videos, links to external sites containing additional information. Thus, you will be able to showcase your skills and capabilities.
Let people know how to get in touch with you (provide the visitors of your website with several options for contacting you:
● Social media;
● Contact forms.
Add reviews from your colleagues or clients. Such a request can be an appropriate tool to validate your skills and build your credibility. Ask for reactions that emphasize your qualities rather than merely praise you.
On the pages of your blog, you can and should demonstrate the level of knowledge in your respective field. If you are working with texts, you should be exhibiting writing skills. You can write about anything, from the latest news to handy hints.
When creating a personal website, make sure it is easy to navigate. Add all essential pages to the site header.
Fill the website only with relevant information. Do not overload a website with content since lengthy pages can be tedious.
Visitors to the website browse through content without caring enough to read it carefully. Therefore, it may be helpful to produce clear headings, bulleted lists and break text into paragraphs.
Try presenting information clearly to make it understandable, as if you were talking to a friend. What would a conversation sound like? What words would you use? What would you do in an attempt to impress a collector?
The color palette and design should neither divert a viewer's attention nor overpower the content. Bright and impressive designs do not always have the desired effect.
With Weblium, you will be able to create a personal website free of charge. The options that would be available for you are as follows:
● 300+ templates and 200+ blocks;
● 2 million free images;
● free hosting;
● unlimited storage;
● the adjustive version of a website, compatible with devices of different kinds;
● online support available 24/7.
Pro-subscription to a personal website builder’s platform $8.25 a month, gives you unlimited access to marketing tools, free domain, contact forms, and pop-ups.
No, it is created automatically once you finish making a desktop version of your website.
The home page is a must-have for all types of websites. Any other pages you may add whenever you want.
Yes, it is possible to create a website on Weblium for free. Basic functions, including access to ready-made templates gallery and SSL certificate, will be available. If you want to get access to SEO settings or set up your own domain, you should buy a Pro subscription on Weblium.
First, think about what is suitable for your business niche. Also, consider the preferences of your target audience. Do your potential clients like dark colors, for example? Then make a decision.