The COVID-19 agenda has helped to shape the online boutique start-up culture. Because of the new coronavirus disease, businesses, mostly retailers that stick to an on-premise marketing approach, have been forced to put their respective enterprises on hold. The actors who have proven themselves stronger in the industry find ways to exploit computer-assisted technologies to keep their businesses in action.
Let us together try to understand how they may have been able to sustain ownership of an online boutique and turn them into their success stories. Amidst global crisis, change the world for the better, one online boutique at a time, with Weblium.
Step 1. Finding a niche and preparing a business plan
Speaking about the notion of finding a niche in terms of selling clothing, the notion itself seems rather self-explanatory. As an owner of the business, it is up to you to decide what it is that you want to be selling and why. Drafting a business plan, on the other hand, can be daunting. Still, it is a pivotal task. To learn more about how to draft an efficient business plan, please, check this page.
Typically, the stages of formulating an action and development plan are as follows:
- Writing a concept note, which is a succinct description of your business idea;
- Assessing how your business idea contributes to the advancement of the market, addressing the pains and needs of the customers and the industry alike;
- Outlining marketing, sales, and operations of your enterprise, building forecasts of your performance, achievements, and successes;
- Providing an overview of the legal structure of your business, its profile information, and history;
- Prognostication of sales, issuing cash flow statement, asserting your profits and losses, producing a balance sheet;
- Adding an appendix section to create a more coherent and complete image of your brand.
Step 2. Choosing a platform to start an electronic store
There are a variety of ways to start an electronic clothing store. Using a website builder will spare you the dismaying process of researching technology-pertinent facets of website creation.
Online boutiques encompass a variety of goods: children’s clothing, outfits for women and men, footwear, and accessories, such as mittens, hats, gloves, glasses, and scarfs. The ecosystem Weblium has to offer has been designed to adequately cover each of the identified categories. The website builder will help you to forge your brand identity by providing you with adaptive and authentic designs developed by professionals.
With Weblium, it is now even easier to adjust tabs, animation, items’ descriptions, colour pallets, fonts, and backgrounds. The website builder will take care of all technical aspects related to starting and maintaining an online boutique.
The registration process is free of charge and user-friendly. After seamless registering at Weblium and choosing a stencil, you will be receiving bit-by-bit guidance on how to build and maintain an electronic boutique.
Weblium ensures the articulate inclusion of all key elements into the structure of your online clothes shop, specifically the following: online chats, contact and call-back forms, and CRM.
Preview option is available once you choose Weblium as your companion to creating an electronic boutique. The website builder ensures that everything works properly in your online shop.
Step 3. Selecting a domain
Put some creativity into opening an online boutique. Choose a domain name that is memorable, simple, brief, and recognisable. Here are some tips for choosing a domain name for your online boutique:
- Make a URL address of your electronic shop brandable. Consider sticking with .com extension. In case you do not plan on expanding your business to foreign countries, consider exploiting country-specific extensions.
- Do not neglect the issue of infringing on a trademark when deciding on a name for your domain. Be certain that your domain name does not get confused with that of another brand.
- Using keywords is a strategy notorious for causing those who adopt it to come as spammy and unprofessional. Forbes expert Denis Pinsky contends it is absolutely crucial to avoid generic words and word combinations at all costs.
- Appending and adjusting your electronic store’s domain name is an effective strategy to devise one that is available, intelligible, and memorable, but only if you append and adjust with caution.
Weblium services comply with all the suggestions laid out in this paragraph for which an expert on eCommerce, web analytics, optimisation, and visibility advocates. Hence, with Weblium, it is possible to join an existing domain to the site or purchase a new one straight from the website builder’s platform. It is simple, really, since all the information you may require is compiled in one place and you will not have to do any additional research. After the domain has been joined, you can manage it from your account.
Step 4. Additional suggestions
All segments of the IT field have one aspect in common. All of them recognise that information keeps expanding at an insane rate. Keeping a retailer’s resume concise and smooth these days should be taken into consideration as one of the implied rules of computer-mediated interaction. The website builder encourages you to take the following circumstances into account:
- Scroll through Weblium’s templates to start a research on what niche to occupy within the boundaries of apparel sales.
- Arrange your products by type, colour, or seasonally. Decide whether you are a wholesaler or lean more towards retail sales.
- Promote environmental consciousness and show the visitors of your shop that your genuinely interested in offering them only the best-quality sustainably manufactured products.
- Assist your potential customers as they will attempt to keep abreast of your campaigns and special offers. Invite them to leave feedbacks.
- Make sure to check the quality of goods that you sell.
- Express genuine interest in wanting to help your store’s visitors deal with their struggles.
- Set aside some time to give the parties you collaborate with the credit they deserve for supporting you and making your enterprise a reality.
Pondering the niche that you may be willing to occupy in the realm of selling fashionable clothing and accessories requires a more comprehensive and structured approach. Blueprints website builders have to offer and exploring the examples of their work will offer you insight into the industry of online sales.
Attempt to bring as much order as you can into your electronic shop. Weblium opens up a virtually infinite amount of possibilities for exploring website designs for electronic boutiques. Ready-made customisable blueprints become available after you register on the website builder’s platform.
Support local manufacturers to promote sustainable economy and consumption. You can achieve that by providing your partners and clientele a room for exchanging ideas. Consider making your online boutique a meeting point for your clients and the stakeholders in the fields of environmental protection and fashion industry. With Weblium, that most certainly becomes a possibility.
Step 5. Adding important pages
About us, contact information, catalogue, and homepage are absolutely obligatory to have if your priority is to stay online for as long as possible.
Consider a home page of your online boutique as your brand’s calling card. The home page is the place where all the elements of your enterprise meet. Creativity, tenacity, integrity, experience, skill, good taste, professionalism, all interspersed with genuine desire to help people feel good about themselves – your online boutique’s home page should epitomise all that.
The About Us section is a good way to attest to the transparency and integrity of your business, and your own openness as an entrepreneur. Moderation, decency, and honesty are the proper tools to compose the information for the About Us section. In addition to that, make certain to provide your visitors and prospective customers with a sufficient amount of information about your brand and the items you sell.
Valid contact information harbours the potential to help to boost sales. E-mail address, links to your store’s official accounts on social networking platforms, phone number, call back forms, live support chat are pivotal. However, all the said features are pointless if they are not attended to in a proper manner. Responsiveness, prompt reaction to requests made by the visitors of your electronic clothes store can earn your brand a good reputation.
Add a feedback button, featuring the links to the media channels of the parties you collaborate with. It is an absolute necessity once you set for yourself a goal of earning a reputation of a credible, reliable, and conscientious owner of an online clothing business.
Step 6. Attaching goods
Adding, eliminating, swapping goods, and adjusting information about them is absolutely painless with Weblium. The website builder operates an SEO-optimised algorithm for importing and exporting goods, as well as the possibility of effortless adjustment of the variability of goods you will have on stock in your online boutique.
Weblium experts have compiled for you all the essential information you might need to better comprehend the mechanics behind any electronic shop. Set aside some time to check these two articles before you continue through with your research on how to build a successful online boutique:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to add new products: “Importing products in your store”.
- If you sell products that have several options, for example, dresses of different colours, consider checking the article about product options.
Step 7. Planning logistics
Think about whether you intend to be shipping the goods you sell locally or globally. This is the point where networking comes in handy, because you may possess entrepreneurial and/or marketing skills, but you may not have to know how to manufacture clothing, design a website, or be aware of the legal details of the world of sales. Logistics is not only about knowing how to supply goods to the customer, but also about doing it lawfully, sustainably, and efficiently. Make the options that are available with you clear to your potential customers.
Payment processing options, such as Stripe and the like, affect massively the reputation of your enterprise. Offer your customer a payment method that is clear and neatly organised. Choose a payment system compatible with all major currencies and credit-debit cards manufacturers, for that translates to flexibility and credibility.
Step 8. Advertising goods
Explore and exploit the full potential of your social marketing channels to advertise the goods that you sell. Setting up targeted advertisings, content marketing, and paid advertisements will help to enhance the traffic toward your online boutique.
Discounts for subscribing to your e-mail newsletter, loyalty programs of different kinds are the strategies that may also help to make your electronic store a convenient and appealing instrument.
Weblium will also make certain that your website gets featured on Google My Business, as well as facilitate cross-advertising in between all media channels to enhance the discoverability of your online boutique.
Wrapping It All Up
The online boutique examples that follow let the job that Weblium did speak for itself. The samples reveal how an online boutique can be a synergy of brand identity, aesthetics, out-of-the-box thinking, convenience, and smart design. Kindly, do consider checking them out:
The jewellery store brought to your attention sees the marriage of multi-layered structure, textures, and colours that complement each other quite harmoniously.
The sportswear store illustrates smooth transitions between dark and bright tones, low-key and high-key commercial photography, set off by a sophisticated host of functions.